Inner Beauty

Let me tell you what crossed my mind lately. It's about inner beauty.
I think, the notion of "inner beauty" gives people hope.
Have you ever compared your look to others' and end up feeling inferior?
To comfort yourself, you say something like, "Okay, they're beautiful outside. But inside... huh!"
Then, you feel like you win the "competition".

But is it true?
Are they really ugly inside? And are you really pretty inside?

Are they really ugly inside?
I read a book by James Arthur Ray. According to this book, nothing exists without having its contrary. If hatred exists inside someone, love is there too. If you see low potential in someone, high potential must be there too.
So, I guess, no one is really ugly inside. Everyone has something good in mind.
But, of course, if we only look for someone's flaws, then flaws are all we see.

Are you really pretty inside?
... when you have such a judgment for someone? Have you never hurt others? Imagine how awkward it will be to hear someone who hurt you in the past saying something like, "Oh maaan, that person is so ugly inside!" Then, you can only grumble, "Well, you aren't that pretty either."

This post is in no way intended to say that I'm perfect inside. I, myself, have attitudes I really need to change. My inner side still requires some makeup.
(By the way, I'm so amazed by Kim Tak Goo. He's handsome, inside and out.)