Goodbye UP

One and a half year have passed since I started to work at Unit Publikasi Fakultas Psikologi UGM. It's a unit founded under faculty (but financially independent until 2011) which publishes journal and bulletin. The editor in chief is a handsome professor that I adore. Well, that's one of the reasons why I join this unit. Kekeke.


I was recruited as assistant there with someone who happens to be my close friend. Our duty basically consists of processes to turn any incoming articles into a journal or bulletin. FYI, journal is based on research, while bulletin may contain opinions or insights from its writers. Each article should be reviewed and approved by professional experts that we call mitra bestari. It consists of doctors and professors inside and outside Faculty of Psychology Gadjah Mada University.


Actually since July, when we had to go KKN, we're no longer active there. I asked my juniors to take over the job while we were away. I assisted them in Biopsychology and Experimental Psychology classes anyway, so I could recommend them to replace us. But, we are still listed as the official assistants there. Thus, the honorarium is still under our authorization. Hahaha. But, dont' worry, we don't let them be romusha workers. We have given them their right.
^_^

However, a meeting with editor in chief yesterday rang the alarm. In the end I have to let go off this position because I'll graduate soon (hopefully). UP itself is in revitalization and it's better to let the future assistants to fully concentrate there.

I feel so honored to be a part of it. It's not only the privilege of using the facility there, or the additional allowance I got every month to buy takoyaki (^v^), the most important thing is the opportunity and experience I had there.

Thanks to UP for giving me access to get closer with great people (especially in psychology field). Some names have international reputation that's very well-respected. I'm glad that I have a chance to know them personally once in my lifetime. I also feel grateful to become more familiar with the staffs in faculty, to read reports of the latest research done by our scientists, to understand the guideline in writing scientific paper, to have a deal with publisher, to work hard and strive for excellence.

All I can give in return is just "accreditation status" that the journal once lost. UP team fought for it with all of our might. Now, I guess many researchers will be eager to get their articles published by UP Psikologi UGM. You know, it's preferable to get 25 points--maybe for promotion or something--when your article is included in an accredited journal, compared to 10 point of non-accredited journal.

I wish UP will reach success in delivering knowledge to the society. Hwaiting!

This pic was taken in the midst of my shift at UP
*an example of idle employee, don't try this at your own office*