Men of My Life

I was watching "Knight and Day" with my younger brother in the living room. Near the end of the movie, my dad walked in and joined us. It was a scene where Tom Cruise was running around.

Dad : "What is it? 007? Is that Pierce Brosnan?"
Me : (shocked) "No! He's Tom Cruise."
Dad : "Oh yea... Now that he stopped running, I can see that he's not Brosnan. Well, I can't tell the difference between Tom Cruise and Brad Pitt."
Me : (even more shocked) "Dad, even their hair colors are different." (then went on to explain the difference)
Dad : "This Tom Cruise is the one with Angelina Jolie?"
Me : "That's Brad Pitt."
Dad : "Jennifer Aniston?"
Me : "That was Brad Pitt, too."
Dad : "So, who is Tom Cruise's wife?"


Unbelievable. He's never been so clueless before (I'm the one who's always clueless. I rely on him. :p).
But I forgive him, anyway. Because he is my true admirer.
Haha.. It's true. He adores me.
You see, he is not the type of dad who keeps saying that I'm pretty. But one day, we went to church, and as usual, we made our personal prayer before the mass began. When we finished praying, dad said to me, "You know what. I never pray asking for pretty girls. But as I open my eyes, here I am, surrounded by pretty girls."
Yes, he was talking about his daughters (and his wife, maybe). I'm glad he doesn't have to be Hugh Hefner to feel that way.

On another occasion, dad told me, "Whoever stays near you will feel peaceful."
Hmmm.. Well.. Maybe it's just him, but he thinks everybody on the planet feels the same way. That's what fathers do, right? They think their kids are special. However, that compliment makes me want to work hard to live up to it.

Trivia: My dad is type B (we all inherit his blood type, by the way), so he loves making people laugh. While the daughters don't react much, the son really enjoys his jokes. I bet, my brother thinks that dad is the funniest guy on earth.


My brother? He is the sweetest 16(almost 17)-year-old boy. You think all guys are jerks? Meet my brother!
Well, I have to admit, I didn't fall for him at the first sight (which is the thing I totally regret. taking a look again at his photos, he was a real cute baby). We spent our childhood fighting each other. He was an annoying brother, and I was a horrible sister. Thank goodness he's growing up to be such a gentleman. And he's funny, too.

My brother isn't someone who enjoys spending his parents' money. Years ago, my sister and I gave him a helmet. Not a fancy one. But he is still wearing it up til now (while I have changed helmet twice. I just lost them :-\). He rarely asks for anything. That's why, if he says he wants something, my mom will be an eager shopper.

Oh, have I told you that my brother is a noona killer? Yes, he is. I heard that some of his seniors in school fangirl him. Some friends of mine also said that he's good looking. But as far as I know, he isn't a player. Or is he? Hey, Papa Bakabon, don't you dare being one!

my baby brother with his nanny